Share Your Story
Please submit either a video or written version of your story.
Are you ready to share your voice with your tribe? If so, now is your chance. Please read and follow the directions carefully to get started. We are excited to hear your voice!
- Hold your phone / camera HORIZONTALLY!
- Wear something bright and colorful.
- Speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard.
- Think through what you want to say before you turn the camera on.
- Set video up to show you from your shoulders up. Think headshot.
- Not that you would, but please do not use profanity or anyone else’s actual name in the video. Any videos not using guidelines will be promptly discarded.
- Be inspirational, this video is meant to lift other fatherless daughters up during their fatherless journey.
- Please do not use this video for promotional reasons of any kind.
- Please make your video 1-2 minutes maximum in length.
- Once the video is on our website, please feel free to share on your social media.
Here are some questions to get you started talking…
How did you find out about The Fatherless Daughter Movement?
Can you tell us in a few sentences about your personal story of father loss?
What if any was your breakthrough moment in your fatherless journey?
How do you use your voice as a fatherless daughter?
Note: All questions are meant to help the Fatherless Daughter reflect on her life and feel empowered by sharing her story with others. Answers may be edited before posting to correct grammatical mistakes but not to change their content. The Daughter will be given the chance to see her story before it is posted online to make any changes she feels necessary. TFDM will also post photos or images provided by the daughter, with her consent. If these questions or the feature cause you distress, please talk to someone who cares about you or seek the help of a professional counselor. The Fatherless Daughter Movement (TFDM) seeks to inspire women and is not responsible for any negative emotions that might arise due to participation in this feature. By answering these questions and submitting to TFDM, you agree to these terms.