THE FATHERLESS DAUGHTER MOVEMENT
The Fatherless Daughter Movement focuses on raising awareness and empowering fatherless daughters and the people who love them through: group work, one-on-one sessions, family reconciliations and a newly thriving mentorship program. Our goal is to help women deal with the hardships from their pasts in order to have a thriving future with purpose.
What is a Fatherless Daughter?
In our book, The Fatherless Daughter Project, we define a fatherless daughter as “a loss of the emotional bond between a daughter and her father from a range or combination of circumstances, including death, desertion, divorce, incarceration, abuse, addiction, and emotional absence.
50% of Women
We Surveyed From 15 to 80 Years Old Reported
They Felt Fatherless.
They Reported Becoming Fatherless From:
- Parents’ Divorce / Separation 28% 28%
- Complete Emotional Absence 26% 26%
- Death 19% 19%
- Desertion 15% 15%
- Addiction 13% 13%
- Abuse 12% 12%
- Never Met Father 6% 6%
- Incarceration 4% 4%
Fatherless Home Demographics in The US:
- African American Families 67% 67%
- American Indian Families 54% 54%
- 43% Multiracial Families 43% 43%
- Latino or Hispanic Families 42% 42%
- White Families 25% 25%
Statistics That Might Relate To You
- Runaway & Homeless Children That Are From Fatherless Homes *[US DHHS, Bureaus of the Census] 90% 90%
- High School Drop Outs That Are Fatherless Adolescents *[National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools] 71% 71%
- Youth Suicides That Are From Fatherless Homes *[US Dept. of Health/Census] 63% 63%
- Children In The US Living Without Their Father *[US Department of Census]* 43% 43%
- Estimate % Of Kids In Father Absent Homes That Haven’t Seen Their Father In Over A Year 40% 40%
- Children That Experience The Death Of A Parent Before Age 18 3.5% 3.5%
Fatherless Daughters Are More Likely To:
- Have A Baby Outside Of Marriage (164%) 164% 164%
- To Get Divorced 92% 92%
- To Marry As Teens 53% 53%
what makes you unique
You are an expert on self-survival. You are probably an overachiever. You are a caretaker and able to support others in crisis. You are a loyal friend. You developed leadership qualities at an early age. You have a resilient spirit. You give wonderful advice and are kick-ass at pep talks.