Today sucks. I get it. If you are like me, you have been trying to avoid the pain leading up to this day on the calendar all month. It is the one-day where no matter how much you try to push the pain aside it is everywhere. You miss him. You feel like no-one else could possibly understand your pain. Well…I do.
This Father’s Day I want you to know you are not alone.
You can put down your sword, let go of the masculine energy you use to protect yourself year round and grieve for your loss. Grieve for the obstacles you have had to endure. Grieve for the little girl who has had to find her way. It is okay to feel all the emotions of loss, but this year don’t let his loss swallow you up. Know that while it is okay to hurt… it is also okay to heal.
Allow yourself some time to cry, journal, and speak to your loved ones about how you are feeling. Give yourself a few hours to mourn. Then, I want you get out of that bed, turn off your T.V. and rally with your tribe.
Here are my 10 Mantras for Fatherless Daughters on Father’s Day:
- You are perfect just the way you are. You are not broken.
- The right man will find you. He will love and cherish you in ways you could never imagine. Quit worrying.
- You will get that job, start that company, or finish that degree. You will.
- You will heal. His loss will not always overshadow your happiness.
- Life will get better. You have chosen to surround yourself with the friends and family who want to be in your life.
- You can let go of whatever or whoever no longer serves you. It is okay to release the pain and be in the light. It does not mean you have forgotten, it means you have decided to finally choose you.
- Just because your forgive it does not mean you have to rebuild the relationship. It is okay to move on with love.
- You are beautiful, intelligent, loyal, loving and above all you are free. Free to choose better. Be better. Free to have the life you have always dreamed of.
- Today I want you to observe all that you have overcome. I want you to be proud of the woman you are. I want you to tell that inner child that while you appreciate her, you will no longer be in need of her services. You got this today, tomorrow and always.
- You are a POWERHOUSE with the ability to have whatever you choose in this life.
I hope this message gives you a long reprieve and a big kick in the ass today. Yes, today does suck in many ways. However, you have gotten through much, much worse. While his loss will never be completely behind you, your future is ahead of you, and I am here to make sure you make the most of it.
The Voice of Fatherless Daughters