We are thrilled to be gathering our tribe for our first ever Master Class in Atlanta, October 14-16th. I have waited for close to thirty years to see this type of retreat come to fruition. Losing my father at the age of 13 was the defining moment in my life. I searched for years to find meaning in his absence and a tribe who could get me. When I could not find my tribe, I decided to start one of my own!
We are stronger together. We learn more, share more and support more when we are together. I know by the thousands of emails I receive that this is needed. I also know that one weekend can change the trajectory of your life. If you see yourself in any of the following fatherless daughter characteristics this weekend is for you:
- You may be unaware of the unhealthy patterns in your relationships although others have tried to point them out.
- You may hold on to relationships for far too long or cut people off before they can leave you.
- You might engage in a “go away/please stay” relationship dynamic, which can become exhausting & unfulfilling.
- It may take you longer than others to let go of a failed relationship,
- You may be carrying around pain and anger that is years old
- You may have been overly sexual at one point in your life or pulled away and avoided sex all together.
- You may have a warrior exterior but on the inside have broken parts no one can see.
- You may feel like it is you against the world but are determined that you can do it on your own.
- you may try to be totally independent so you can never be let down by others.
- You may have tried to stay in total control in your relationships.
- You may be an overachiever, feeling the need to prove your value over and over again,
- You might battle anxiety & depression related to your feelings of self-worthor your fear of losing people you love.
- You may be intensely (but secretly) fearful that you will be abandoned again.
- You might wonder what it feels like to be in a normal relationship and what type of standards you should be setting.
If you see yourself in any of these characteristics, do yourself a favor and devote a weekend to healing. It may be time to turn your pain into power. Let’s do it together.